Wednesday, February 15, 2012

7 Kids College Fund - Monochromatic

This week, we have a new challenge for you at 7 Kids College Fund Challenge. This week, we want to see your Monochromatic projects.


You can find the following items at 7 Kids College Fund...
Birds Galore (subtle in the background)



There is a little subliminal image behind and coming out of the cage. It is the flying birds from the Birds Galore stamp set. They are stamped in Pumice Stone Distress Ink. I wanted to give the sense of the caged bird flying free. It is very faint, and thus a rather subliminal message. You can see it best in the image below to the left of the word "They" and between "They shall." 


I have had this stamp for years. It is my favorite Bible verse and one I have gone to often in my life.


The white detail on the purple cage was achieved with a Ranger paint dauber. 


I love the iridescence of these shell charms.

  Did you notice the wonderful distressing I was able to achieve on the paper edges. This look was achieved with my favorite new tool, the Distrezz-It-All by Zutter.  This awesome time saver is available for a great price at 7 Kids College Fund.


Thanks for stopping by today!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Julie this absolutely gorgeous! I just adore the way you put this together and the verse is just perfect!:)

Pat said...

Hey Julie! This card is simply gorgeous hunny bunny!I love these dies...adding them to my "wish list" right now! hehe! Beautiful design work! Hugs. Pat Frank

Sandy said...

Julie this is drop dead gorgeous! Your art work is outstanding and i love the idea with those shell charms.
sandy