Thursday, July 28, 2011

Cute Card Thursday #175 - Sketch

Happy Thursday!

This week at Cute Card Thursday, we have a terrific sketch for you. 


...and here is my card...


Stamps: Sitting Angel Tilda, Tim Holtz Visual Artistry
Paper: Signature Christmas (My Mind's Eye)
Accessories: Flowers, Pearls, lace, MS Branch Punch. 


It is really fun to watercolor. You just never quite know what you are gonna get. I love how you can blend colors and really get into the details. 


The challenge this week at Make it Colourful is to color your embellishments. I did that with my airbrush, coloring my roses with a variety of Copics colors. 


I also colored the metallic frame around my sentiment with alcohol ink. It started as a silver frame, and is now cappuccino. 


In addition, I took this white lace and added just a hint of Antique Lace Distress Ink to age it a bit.

Thanks for stopping by today. Have a fabulous weekend!

16 comments:

Suzi Mac said...

Oh my!! this is so very pretty. I love the papers, colour combo, lace and every other little detai. A beautiful card.
Hugs
Suzi x

Card Crazy said...

What a lovely card. Tilda is just gorgeous, your colors are so beautiful and it all comes together perfectly.
Sue S.

Anonymous said...

Just Beautiful! Love the way you have tied your image in to your design, absolutely Gorgeous!
Hugs Julie P

Rene said...

How BEAUTIFUL!!!!
Rene :D

Unknown said...

Wow I would have a Merry Christmas too if I could come up with a card like this!!!!! Absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!

Only By His Grace said...

Lovely card Julie. the colors look so nice. I love the layout and the stamping around tilda.
Hugs Maz

Penni said...

Gorgeous card - I love the colour combo you've used and this Tilda is very sweet.

Hugs
Penni
X

Elle said...

What a lovely Christmas card! I really like your color sceme.

Danielle Champagne said...

WoW! How pretty! love this vintage look in pink. tilda is so very lovely, I like the stamping around the image, sooooo precious.
Hugs.

Lisette Morris said...

So beautiful! Love your colors and coloring! Love it!

Cordine said...

Gorgeous christmas card!
Hugs
Cordine

Christina C. said...

This is just gorgeous, Julie!!!!! Your coloring of this sweetie is spectacular. Wonderful design!

Rhonda Miller said...

Soo cute.

Jean said...

Julie, I adore this card.. the antique lace you distressed is so fabulous.. I love your colors and layout and how well your followed the sketch.. Great card..
Hugs, Jean

charlene said...

Very pretty you do so well with the DI's
Hugs

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Julie this is absolutely beautiful what sumptuous colours they look so elegant and so does Tilda this is one quality card.
Hugs
Lorraine x