Thursday, October 14, 2010

Cute Card Thursday #134 - What's Buggin' Ya

Happy Thursday!

It's time for another Cute Card Thursday Challenge. This week, the challenge is What's Buggin' Ya! (Bugs, Bees & Butterflies…include one or all on your card). I chose butterflies, cause I just LOVE butterflies. 

Here is my card...


I just got a new book by Tim Holtz called Compendium of Curiosities. It is filled with great ideas for distressing. I picked a couple of techniques and created this look. The background is created with  Distress Ink and a blending tool.


I opted to use my Copics for the butterfly, coloring it with my Copics Airbrush System. Some flowers, ribbon and gems, and voila!

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you have a fantastic day!

5 comments:

jonim52 said...

Julie,
Your Cavaliers are adorable, do you have two? We have been thinking about getting another, because Cooper is so spoiled, hehehe. By the way your butterfly is magnificient. I love your blog!

Heide said...

Julie,
This is gorgeous! I love the rich fall colors and the butterfly is stunning!

Chris said...

Beautiful and elegant card Julie and I love butterflies too, yours is stunning. I see you've bought Tim's book and you're in for a good read :D, I love that too. Hope you're well. Hugs, Chris

Lisa Summerhays said...

Gorgeous! I can't believe you and a few distressed inks did this! It's seriously stunning.

MiamiKel said...

Oh. My. Word! Julie, this is positively the most beautiful card I've seen in like years! Just jaw dropping, absolutely breath-taking. You should enter this card like everywhere - it's a show stopper!