Thursday, October 7, 2010

Cute Card Thursday #133 - No Store-Bought Embellishments

Happy Thursday!

It's time for another Cute Card Thursday Challenge. This week, the challenge is "No Store Bought Embellishments." So, no Prima's flowers, brads, ribbon, lace, pearls. You get the idea. You can make your own embellishment as I have done here...


Stamp: Tweetie (Some Odd Girl)
Paper: DCWV
Accessories: Butterfly Embosslits, Tim Holtz Elegant Flourishes, Stickles, Versamarker, white embossing powder



Our sponsor this week is Some Odd Girl. I used one of their digi's, called Tweetie. I colored her with Copics and added some extra shadowing with distress ink.


Here are a couple closeups of my homemade embellishments. I used my Versamarker to color the add white embossing powder to the raised portion of the Embosslit butterflies. I then added Stickles for that extra sparkle.


I hope you will join the challenge this week! Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Michele Roos said...

Such a gorgeous card Julie. Love the colouring of the sweet image and the papers also. Hugs Michele x

Pat (mspfd) said...

Very pretty mix of colors Love how your handmade embellishment match the background paper. Lovely card!