Thursday, August 19, 2010

Cute Card Thursday #126 - A Sketch

Happy Thursday! It is time for another Cute Card Thursday Challenge. The challenge this week is a sketch by CCT's fabulous designer, Fran. Here is Fran's sketch...

...and here is my card...


I was asked to make a card by a friend from church. She wanted a garden theme with the colors purple, green and pink. I immediately thought of my Hanglar images I had stashed away for a special occasion. As you probably know, we can't get these stamps in the U.S., so I am hoarding images and afraid to use them because I might run out. How silly is that?

The designer paper is from Paper Pizazz.I must admit, purple and green is my favorite combo.

This sweet little Hanglar image was part of a set of images sent to me by a lovely blogger. I wish I could say I own some of these darlings, but alas, no. I colored her with Copics.
This beautiful pink flower started out white. I used my Copics Airbrush System to add the pink color.
Thank you so much for stopping by today. I hope you will join the challenge at Cute Card Thursday.


8 comments:

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Julie, adorable card. Love this purple/lavender shade, goes really well with your them. Little image is wonderful! I would also cherish these if I had some!!! beautifully colored. Emebellishements are very pretty, especially the lace punched border that add a delicated detail.
very nice work
Hugs
Danielle.

Lisa Andrews said...

Julie, your card is adorable!! I love the color combo too! Wonderful job!

Lisa

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow, wow, wow Julie this is absolutely beautiful that image. design and colours are just so wonderful. we can't get the stamps here in the UK either so any that I have I use very sparingly lol.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Unknown said...

Ohmygoshhh, what a beautiful card! Oh I just love it and love your blog too! Awesome on both! TY for visiting with me!

Peggie said...

Pretty, pretty card. Love the colors and the image.

cabio's craft corner said...

Cute & awesome card Julie. Thanks so much for sharing :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Joseline said...

Oh, this is just adorable. I LOVE, LOVE your coloring!

Gwendolyn said...

Wow this card is so pretty! Love the sketch!

Hugs Gwendolyn