Wednesday, August 18, 2010

7 Kids College Fund - Strip it Down

The newest challenge at 7 Kids College Fund Challenge Blog is "Strip it Down!" Okay, that does not mean crafting in your undies, unless you feel so inclined (hee hee). The challenge is to have no more than 2 layers (not including your image).

You can find the following items at 7 Kids College Fund...



Part of my inspiration for this card came from another challenge, which was called Summertime Blues. However, I realized I would be too late to enter the challenge. I still liked the theme, so took off with it anyway. I also used the sketch from yet another challenge with cut off time prior to this posting. Oh well. .


My sentiment was stamped and punched with a circle punch, backed with a blue scallop circle, and mounted on the designer paper which happened to include circles with little greed dots that ended up looking like another scallop. My background is one layer of  designer paper, 2 sheets cut down to create one layer. The trim is actually a little right of the line between papers (does that make sense?).

Thank you so much for stopping by today. I hope you will join out challenge this week!


5 comments:

mycardz said...

Hi Julie! Wow, your card is stunning. I love the blues and all the gorgeous details you've added. Really wonderful card! hugz, Mary

Manuela said...

Fabulous card, Julie! I like it so much! ♥

Hugs,
Manuela

Scrappinangler said...

What a sweet card! Beautiful coloring. ~T

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Julie this is truly wonderful the papers, colours, flowers and image are so beautiful
Hugs
Lorraine x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! I love Sara K images. Your cards are so beautiful!!