Friday, July 16, 2010

DU2DS (Dare U 2 Digi Stamp) #42 - Stitching

Dare U 2 Digi Stamp has a great challenge this week. It is "Stitching." This is whatever kind of stitching you want, real, faux, machine, hand-stitching.

I used the sketch from Sketch Saturday for layout inspiration, with a little adjustment. Here is the sketch...

...and here is my card...



Stamps: The Shoe (Sketching Stamper), Many Happy Returns (SU!)
Paper: DCWV textured cardstock, Not Quite Navy (SU!), SEI Moravia
Ink: Ink Jet Printer, Copics
Accessories: Hodgepodge Hardware, Lace, DC embroidery thread, Spellbinders Fancy Tags, Gold Paint Pen, Copper Stickles, Sewing Machine


This beautiful shoe comes from the incredibly talented Sketching Stamper, Chris Dark. Her designs are so detailed and amazing, you have to check them out!

When I saw this stamp, I really wanted to give it a florally 3-dimensional feel. This was the perfect challenge. I used my piercing tool to create some random holes, then used a simple embroidery knot in a couple of colors. To fill in the blank areas, I used a gold paint pen and some copper Stickles. I love how the stitching brings the shoe to life.

Go check out Dare U 2 Digi Stamp. They have great challenges. Who doesn't love a good challenge?

Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so cute!!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Julie - I love what you have done with Chris's beautiful digi image - your colour choice is stunning. Have a great weekend - Hugs, Sylvia xxxx

Larissa said...

Hi Julie, your card is gorgeous! Love the flowers you added!
Have a great sunday. :)

Hugs,
Larissa

Chris said...

A beautiful card Julie and such wonderful colouring and design. Your stitching looks amazing and I agree it brings the shoe to life with the sparkle and texture. Thanks for making such an inspiring card and also for your lovely words and links, they're very much appreciated. Hope you're having a good weekend. Hugs, Chris :D

Peta said...

OMG I love it - I want this stamp, just stunning

Tine said...

WOW! This shoe is totally stunning. You have chosen your rich coloured papers well too. Beautiful card.
Tine :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh what a gorgeous piece of art. I love the detail. I wish I could wear heels like this!LOL!
~Pam L.