Thursday, July 29, 2010

Cute Card Thursday - Texting Crazy / Sketch Saturday #113

The challenge this week at Cute Card Thursday is Texting Crazy, which could make you reach for your cell phone. No, it is not about the phone, it is about the text. This week, we are focusing on the words we use on our cards, making the sentiment the focal point.

For my card, I used Sketch Saturday's sketch as my base. Here is the sketch...

My card this week was hard for me to make, not because of the challenges, but because this was made for the husband and daughters of a wonderful family friend who recently passed away. Just making the card made the reality of her passing hit very close to home. Here is the card...


The paper is SEI Moravia. The stamp is actually one I have had for years. I am not sure of the specifics on this stamp. I distressed all the papers and sewed the papers together.

Again, I have had the praying hands for so long, I am not sure who the manufacturer is. The frame is Hodgepodge Hardware from SU! (retired).

I will say that though the passing of our dear friend has made me sad, it was a blessing in disguise. She had been ill for so long and she is finally free of the torture of her disease and is in a better place with Jesus. I am taking comfort in that.

Check back tomorrow for my last Dare U 2 Digi Stamp guest designer card.

Have a great Thursday.


2 comments:

Basslady said...

a very sad reason,to make a card, but you created a very suitable and wonderful card!

great papers and the praying hands look wonderful!

xoxo silvi (germany)

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Julie, your card is very nice. The colors and the textures are so rich, the text is divine. I love what you did with the sketch. The little praying hand are so appropriate, they bring a nice detail to the card. BEautiful work.
Hugs. Danielle.