Saturday, June 26, 2010

Ladybug Tilda / Friday Sketchers / Magnolia Down Under

My card today is inspired by the sketch from Friday Sketchers #108. Here is the sketch...


...and here is my card...

Stamp: Ladybug Tilda
Paper: Mixing Bright Papers (Paper Pizzaz), Basic Black, Bazzill Textured Cardstock
Ink: Staz-On, Distress Ink
Accessories: Ribbon, ladybug button, Branch punch (MS), charm, flowers, Cuttlebug Embossing Folders.

The coat is a mixture of reds that made the red really pop off the page. I was scared during the process because there was an element of orange in the coloring, but I love the end result. The mixture made the red much richer than using a single color. I also added some green and blue to the pants to bring an element of natural color.

I got a Bowdabra the other day and wanted to try it out. I made this polka-dot bow using the Bowdabra.

I wanted to incorporate the challenge for Magnolia Down Under this week, which is Embossing. I dry embossed the papers under the ribbon and charm using my Cuttlebug embossing folders. It is hard to see in the picture, but does add some nice texture to the card, as embossing always does.

I love how this card turned out. The colors are so vibrant and really make the white elements pop!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

17 comments:

Peggie said...

Very pretty. Love the lady bug. The background around Tilda is wonderful.

Penni said...

Gorgeous card. I love this Tilda, but she hasn't made it to my place yet LOL!!!

Hugs
Penni
X

Mindy (Scrappy and Piggy) said...

Adorable card Julie!!! I love all the bright colors. Great job on the coloring.

Monique said...

Oh, she's cute Julie :).

Hugs Monique

Christina C. said...

You did a super job on this card. Love everything about it. Gorgeous coloring of the image and stunning papers and flowers.

Lisa Summerhays said...

Beautiful. Love the matching ribbon and lady bug!

Cami said...

Very pretty card! Love your coloring and all the embellies. Hugs, Cami

Jenny said...

Wow,was für eine tolle Karte mit vielen tollen Details.

StampingbugKerry said...

Pretty, pretty. I've gotta get her. I don't know why I don't have her already!!! Love your card, the bow and the cute charm.

Kerry

Leonie said...

Just beautiful! I Love this Tilda too. Fantastic papers to use with her and a great take on the sketch!
Hugs Leonie

paola said...

Great job on this little darling Julie, i love all the layers and all the additons
smiles
Paola

Gloria Dawson said...

Love the bright and cheery colors you used on this card! You colored little Tilda perfectly....beautiful card!

Blessings,
Gloria

Unknown said...

Could this be any cuter?! I think not!! You have done a beautiful job on this fun little Tilda! I love the colors...and the ribbon and ladybug embellishment is perfect!!!! Pat Frank

Janiel/ janny said...

Oh Julie, This is very very cute!! The colours are perfect to make that beautifullly coloured image POP!!
Love it...
hugs, Janiel

coldwaters2 said...

WOW Julie this is truly a beautiful creation I agree the colours do make the card pop those papers are lush and what gorgeous ribbon Tilda looks wonderful.
Hugs
Lorraine x

cabio's craft corner said...

Super cute card and love the ribbon you pick on this card and the matching image is just perfect!!
Hugs,
Cabio

Anonymous said...

How cute is this! I have to get this image. You did such an amazing job coloring up little Tilda. Just beautiful!
~Pam