Saturday, April 18, 2009

Simon Says Challenge #2/Cute Card Thursday Challenge #56

I created this card for two different challenges. I actually had 2 ideas, and they just worked so well together, I combined the challenges onto one card.

Simon Says Callenge #2: Recycle. Use something, anything that had a use before. I used the cutoffs from my daughter's jeans.

Cute Card Thursday #56 - Floral Fantasy. Use any type of flower on your card.


Stamps: Sarah Kay, Best Yet (Stampin' Up!), flourish stamp
Ink: Momento, Copics, Brilliance 3 color Peacock
Paper: Bazzill Bling, Yoyo yellow, Georgia Pacific White
Embellishments: Prima’s, Dew Drops, beads, ribbon from stash, Flower Soft
Other notes: I used a stencil and airbrushed the grass and sky/clouds with my Copic Airbrush System.

For the Cute Card Thursday challenge, I wanted Sarah Kay to be standing in a field of flowers. I used Prima's with beads to give them a center. I used Flower Soft to fill in the field of flowers.

The hat, bow and overalls are stamped onto and cut our from an old pair of my daughter's jeans. I just cut off the legs of her jeans to make shorts as the knees were gone anyway, and thought this would make great clothing on a card. I used Copics to add some color for the hat band and patches.

I hope you have a great rest of your weekend.


Julie Glasgow
Durango, CO

7 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card Julie :-) I love the idea to stamp on the hems of old jeans ! Love all the flowers too, gorgeous :-)

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge
Lorraine x x

brenda said...

So very pretty.

Brenda x

Mephisto said...

Hi,
thats so a lovely Card.

Thanks for joining in the SimonSaysChallenge.

Domi

Timcso said...

Very cute card Julie!

Thanks for joining in the Simon Says Challenge!:)

Tímea

Iris said...

Wow an amazing idea to stamp at the jeans.
Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge.

Iris

debby4000 said...

what a fabulous card, how brilliant to recycle the jeans.
luv
Debby

Annika said...

Oh wow, I've never even thought about stamping onto fabric! Fabulouos!