Thursday, April 9, 2009

BC94 - Technique of your choice

The Blogger's Challenge #94 for this Friday is a technique of your choice. A couple months ago, I was trying to figure out how to do the Faux Cloissone. I stamped this butterfly on a home finders magazine page that was a grove of Aspen trees in the fall, all yellows and greens, a common site here in Durango.



The stamp is an older Stampin' Up! butterfly, stamped with Versamark and embossed with gold embossing powder.

I must admit, I was really challenged with finding the colors to go with my butterfly. My standard process for creativity involves choosing designer paper before selecting my colors for coloring and cardstock. Due to the fact that I had already prepared my image, I had to try to find papers to go with it. As it happened, I could not find designer papers to match. All I could find to match was cardstock.

Have a Happy Easter and a great safe weekend!


Julie Glasgow
Durango, CO

9 comments:

Connie Babbert said...

Very pretty...that technique is a favorite of mine!

Nikki Bond said...

Gorgeous! Stunning!!!! {SMILES}

Unknown said...

Very pretty, Julie! Have a happy Easter!

Barb Hardeman said...

This is lovely, Julie. You did an impressive job on the butterfly.

Ida said...

Oh how pretty! What a great technique. I'll have to start looking for interesting pictures in magazines now to save so I can try this out.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Very pretty Julie! Love the butterfly! :D

Sheryl Dickinson said...

I really like this technique and the butterfly is perfect for it. Great job!

Unknown said...

So pretty!!

MJ said...

Beautiful, this is one I always say I am gonna try but always talk myself out of. Great job.