Monday, March 9, 2009

Precious Moments Skater

You may remember my post a few weeks ago regarding my darling daughter's skating competition. Well, I meant to post this card the next day and got side tracked. I made this special card to congratulate my daughter on completing her first skating competition. We are so very proud of all of her hard work.


The skater is from Precious Moments. Unfortunately, they stopped making these stamps many years ago. I did gather a bit of a collection right before they discontinued the stamps. I have been collecting figurines since 1984. I am quite a fan of these darling kids.

I love the coolness of the blue and purple together. I colored the image with Copics I used some paper from my stash along with Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, and Brilliant Blue. I ran the blue through by Big Shot with an embossing folder. The Prima Flowers, Branch punches, and Dew Drops finish off the project.

It was very fun to surprise our daughter with a little something special to express how proud we are of her. It may have been more exciting for me than for her, but such is the life of a card maker.

Have a great week.



Julie Glasgow
Durango, CO

1 comment:

Laura Lawrence said...

I love the use of the flowers, well done!

Laura
www.craftkitsbylaura.com