Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Christmas All Year Long - #2

Well, it is the 25th, and I have my second installment of my Christmas All Year Long challenge. In case you missed it in January, I am challenging you all to get a jump on your Christmas cards. If you are anything like me, I start thinking about cards in September, start my design in October, by November, life is really busy with all the holiday activities, and I am scrambling to actually get my cards done. I figure if I do a little each month, by November, I will be done and can relax about my cards.



So here is my card for February. This card uses the image Cookie Girl from the Whiff of Joy stamp line. You can find this stamp at Roses On Paper. I have bought several stamps from Summer (the owner of Roses on Paper), and she is just wonderful. She also carries Prima Flowers and Magnolia stamps. She has some wonderful designers as well. Go check out her site.


I colored Cookie Girl using Prismacolor Pencils. I decided to venture away from my Copics for a day. I really like the soft look of the Prismacolor Pencils.



To finish off my project, I used a hat pin with pearls and crystals for that extra touch.
I hope you find inspiration to work on those Christmas cards early. Check back on March 25 for another Christmas inspiration card.
Happy Wednesday!


Julie Glasgow
Durango, CO

No comments: