Thursday, January 22, 2009

Serene Spring

I thought I would change pace a bit and post a card I made last fall. This was made when I was just learning water coloring techniques. The pot is not the best, but helps me to remember how far I am coming along.



The stamp is from Stampin' Up!, "Serene Spring" and is now retired. I used my stamp pads and an Aqua Painter for the coloring. I used a stamp from "Priceless" for the swirls. The colors are Ballet Blue, Black, Yoyo Yellow, and Pixie Pink. I used blue taffeta ribbon and unraveled it to give that frayed look. I finished it off with some dots on the mat and around the swirls.

Check back tomorrow for the Blogger's Challenge post. This week, the challenge is to use black, red, Kiwi Kiss and white or ivory which is an interesting combination for me.

See you Friday!


Julie Glasgow
Durango, CO

No comments: